Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween

Had to remove this picture! You can see the project and get full details in the October/November 2008 Iusse of Ready, Set, Create!

I love this time of year! The chill in the air, fall colors, football games and, of course, Halloween. I'm lucky, my kids love this time too. My son and I were drawing the other day and he asked me to make a Halloween picture for him. So I drew and colored a spooky scene complete with haunted house, tombstones, bats, spiders, full moon, creepy trees and pumpkins. After I was done, my son looked at the picture and said, "Okay, Mommy make it like a scrapbook layout. Make it real."




Tall order, but I rose to the occassion. I created an easel back page layout approximately 12x16 with foam core and chipboard. I die cut, stamped, embossed, rubbed, stuck, shrunk, painted and glued. I made shingles for my roof, used shrink paper for "bug jars", and transparency paper for windows. I used brads, ribbons, paint, ink, glitter, buttons. . . and on and on. Here's what I came up with. My kids are estatic!

No comments: