Monday, November 19, 2007

Inspiration!

Wow these classes I downloaded from www.heartinhandscraps.com are great. I'm going throught the painted tin one. Got a wonderful project I completed a while back that fits this class very, very well. Instead of painting a tin, I decoupaged it! I used the text of an old Latin textbook from high school that I still had. You can use scrapbook paper, as long as it's thin. Cardstock doesn't work well. You apply decoupage glue instead of paint then apply torn sheets of paper until the tin is covered. I then used Ranger Distress Ink to color the paper (I used Spiced Marmalade). Once the ink s dry, you seal it with decoupage medium just as you would the painted piece and then decorate! I used brads making the holes near the edges with a crop-a-dile. the ones in the center of the lid I had to drill using the Fiskars craft drill. Fun project!!!!!!!!!

No comments: