Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I was so blessed to be asked to join the Purple Cows Design Team recently. When it was time to do a project. I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to pay tribute to the greatest person in the world for Mother's Day. Here's my story:

I lost my Mom six years ago.......there's not a day that passes that I don't think of her. Her laugh, her smile, her innocence, her total joy for life; she was a one in a million blessing. She was the most wonderful Mom a child could have: always there in any way..to wipe away tears, smile with pride, say: "Go on, you can do it".

It's ironic, I was pregnant with my first child when she passed. She never got to meet her grandson. And, I see her in his smile-the way it lights up his face....it swells my heart and sometimes brings on the sting of tears.

And, even though she's gone..I still celebrate her on Mother's Day. She loved flowers, carnations especially, but she was allergic..so she didn't get them much. I made her a basket of hypo-allergenic flowers.

So I hope you will take the time this Sunday to celebrate that special person in your life....Mom. I also hope you'll hop over to the Purple Cows Blog and take a look at my project. I hope it inspires you to do something super special to say, "I love you Mom" to your Mom too.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

How lovely that you still celebrate Mother's Day with her, she does sound a one in a million.

Sharyn said...

What a beautiful memory. My Mum passed a couple of years ago too and while my childhood was not the best I love her anyway - and miss her today!