Saturday, May 30, 2009

A New Spinner Album

I just HAD to play with the new Zutter Spinner Album Kit this month. The kit comes with everything you need to create the basic spinner. You build it (literally!), add papers, embellishments, photos, journaling and....TA DA!! You're done!! The directions (on the Zutter Zisters site) are specific, easy to follow and clear.

But....for those of you who know me...I NEVER read directions, I don't like them! Besides, I wanted to add papers to my album BEFORE I bound it. Now, be forewarned, like the directions say (okay...so, I did take a peek), if you add papers to your chipboard and inner pages before you bind..It'll be too big to bind. I knew this, but I did it anyway because I also wanted to play with my Scor-It Mini. This fun little tool can score things up to five inches wide and since my spinner pages are four inches wide...perfect!

I cut almost all the inner page paper longer than four inches, then punched the outside edge with a border punch..I used six in all, I think... scored and attached to the inner pages. Doing the album this way results in two fewer tabbed and untabbed chipboard pieces and eight fewer inner pages. But it looks awesome and for those of you counting, that means it still has: eight tabbed chipboard pages (that's 16 scrapable sides!); eight regular chipboard pages (16 MORE scrapable sides) and 32 inner pages (64 scrapable sides...whooo!)....that's 96 scrapable sides!!!!!!







Please check out all the wonderful projects the DT put together this month on the Zutter Zisters site.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Love it! makes me want to get out the 7gypsies one I've had for ages and still haven't done anything with!!

Pam Sivage said...

This looks awesome! Love how you got so much on the spinner!

Kara Ward said...

This is amazing...I want one now! Thanks for the eye candy. So cool!

voodoo vixen said...

It is absolutely beautiful and what a brilliant way to get rid of one big heap of photos in one project!!

Scrappy Running Me said...

wha? you don't read directions?!?!?!? LOL!

pysselninjangittan said...

nice work :)
I need som inspiration for my spinneralbum i won. the thoughts are spinning :)

photoshop restoration and retouching said...

Really amazing!!! Thanks for sharing.