Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bad Girls Project 52 Challenge #7

I really love Bad Girls and their Project 52 Blog. The newest challenge is up here!.

It is:
Challenge # 7 – Shadow Box (good size, found, cigar, repurposed, or purchased, etc…)
Theme – Insects
(butterflies, bees, spiders, moths, mantis, or caterpillars, etc…)
Required material – Fabric
(velvet, cotton, felt, lace, old/new, or antiqued, etc…)

Here is what I created for it. I started with an unfinished box. Replaced the lid with clear acrylic, covered it in antique dictionary pages and distress painted it. Stenciled butterflies on it and filled the interior with flowers and paper and acrylic butterflies. I had fun!!



Hope you join in the challenges too!!

2 comments:

deb famularo said...

This is stunning Vicki!!! I haven't been to Bad Girls in sooo long, I need to stop by there and check it out!
xOxO deb

Pam Sivage said...

Amazing as usual! love those butterflies!