Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bad Girls Project 52

Well, it's official! I can announce that I have joined the Bad Girls Project 52 Challenge Blog Design Team. Bad Girls and Project 52 are both synonymous with cutting edge mixed media art. Hope you come on over and join us. Prepare to be Wowed by stunning projects and supported and encouraged to jump out of your comfort zone and into the realm of The Bad Girls !

Project 52 has announced it's latest Challenge:


Challenge 10 ~ Art Money:
(good weight paper or substrate such as heavy watercolor paper). Traditional size requirements~ see Art Money for detailed info)

THEME~ Architecture (historical, invented, whole or part, series or not etc....)
Required material~ Tape (masking, duct, electrical, packing, etc....)
summary: follow the 7 Rules - size is 4-3/4" x 7" must be' your original art work'

DEADLINE FOR COMPLETING THIS CHALLENGE IS MARCH 6, 2010
Please load to the Project 52 Gallery and link back to forum post
'Project 52 Challenge # 10-ART MONEY'
Don't forget to sign and number your Money. Have Fun!!!
Do consider registering one with 'Art Money'

Here is mine:

I used mulberry paper (Prima), my church window was a photo I took. I printed it on copy paper and then used the packing tape transfer technique to transfer it. I also used Prima tape across one end of my bill. My images was colored with Copics and Ranger alcohol ink. I also collaged printed items that were distressed and inked. Added a Prima stamp and Ranger Stickles and Liquid Pearls. The front and back use the same image and design, with the front showing the serial number, year and country of origin and the back showing the artmoney website, my name and my original signature.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on making the DT! I will have to hop on over to the site to see others' art money. Love yours...

Sophia said...

Congrats Vicki...woohoo!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS!! gorgeous. WTG!!

deb famularo said...

Well I can't be happier for you! You are perfect for them, congratulations! xoxo

Pam Sivage said...

Wow! Congrats to you!

Lynne Forsythe said...

You go girl.....a big huge CONGRATS to You!!!!!

Ann Arbogast said...

Congrats! This seems pretty interesting, I'll have to go check it out.

wendela said...

congrats Vicky, welcome to the team!!
♥ wendela

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Vicki, This is GORGEOUS!
Huge congrats and welcome to the Bad Girls Family!!!!!!
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

xoxo,
julie ann

Trudy said...

I am so thrilled that you are joining The Artistic Mother's Group.
We will be allowing two weeks for each project. But if you get behind, please don't worry. Just keep working a little each day. The whole point of this group is to develop the habit of doing art each day. It is also so we can encourage one another and be an accountability group. I personally need the accountability part of it. Knowing that others are coming to see what I'm up to is very motivational; otherwise, I may not finish it on my own. Some projects may be easier for you than others and may allow you to catch up. But if you don't, don't get discouraged. Just keep on going. This is a low pressure group. I want everyone to have fun and also enjoy visiting one another.
And please do a blog post about your participation in the group inviting others to join. Please give a link to my blog for those who may wish to join so they can come here and get the details and sign in. I am keeping a master list of all participants.

Each week do a post of your progress as you go through the book. Please either include links to the other participants in your posts each week or keep them posted in your side bar or you can give the link to my blog in each progress post stating that the master list is on my blog that way everyone can click around and visit all of the other participants' blogs and see everyone's progress for encouragement, inspiration and to encourage.

A real easy way to do the linking would be to have a separate blog list from your main one labeled The Artistic Mother Group and keep all of the participants on that list on your sidebar. Then you don't have to put the links in every progress post. That's what I'm going to do. Each progress post I make, at the end of the post, I will list any new participants. So please check my blog each week for the new comers so you can update your participants' list.

Other things to be doing before we get started: Buy the book if you haven't already, start reading it, start gathering a stash of papers: newspapers, magazines, flyers, ticket stubs, scrap booking stickers, etc., to be used in future projects. The first project will have us making background papers.

Be sure and check my blog often for updates and notes of encouragement.

I am signing up as follower and putting you on my blog list so I can know when you post, and I am adding your name to the list right now.

Again, I am so glad you could join us. See you on March 6th, our launch date.

Trudy
http://artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-artistic-mother-group-forming-i.html
Note: Due to copyright laws, we are not allowed to do tutorials or step-by-step photos of the projects on our blogs or take photos of the pages in the book and post them. You may post a photo of your version of the project and talk about your experiences and feelings relating to it.

Also, if you are doing this project with a friend, each person must have their book unless you are doing it together under the same roof. No photocopying of the book, please.

Kara Ward said...

Oh, so proud of you! Bad Girls Rock! Their designs always make my mouth drool! Love what you made...