Thursday, July 30, 2009

To Answer Your Questions

I've gotten some emails on my prior post about the project I featured for the EAD Designs Blog Hop. Some of you had asked for a how to, so here it is!




I started with a cardboard base. I peeled the top layer of paper to expose the corrogation underneath, ran it through the AccuCut to cut the scalloped pattern, then painted with an off white acrylic paint that I thinned quite a bit.

The background is used paper towels (they dried this way, I was using them to wipe up glimmer mist). Then I inked and layered the Prima packaging, cardboard flower, textbook page and denim flowers, the textbook page(with Reduce, Reuse, Recycle printed on it) and more denim (with Zutter rivets!)







The hanger is made from an EAD Designs package, die cut and stapled to the cardboard.



Then I took used acrylic packaging, decorated with alcohol inks, applied EAD Designs Vinyl and cut out. Then I decorated them with Ranger Liquid Pearls and placed them on the project with dimensional tape.




And...that is basically it. The break down?

New items:
EAD Vinyl; Ranger Alcohol Inks, Distress Stickles, Distress Inks, Liquid Pearls; Miscellaneous Ribbon, Staples; Adhesive; Dimensional Tape; Zutter Rivets; Printer Ink.

Used (Recycled) Items:
Cardboard, Denim, Textbook Pages, Paper Towels, Ledger Pages, EAD Vinyl Backing, EAD Product Packaging, Prima Product Packaging, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (the over spray), Miscellaneous Acrylic Packaging.

I challenge YOU to create like this too!!!!

2 comments:

AliGripp said...

That dictionary flower is awesome!! I love it!! I can't wait to get our chotski pins too!!!

Kara Ward said...

Love the paper towel....brilliant!